Library. The Hebrew is peculiar: literally, "And the son of the possession (mesheq) of my house is Dammeseq (of) Eliezer." Before Abraham had any children, he would have had to choose an heir from his male servants, according to the custom of that time. The name Eliezer means “My father’s God (Elohei Avi) was my helper (Bi’ezeri), rescuing me from Pharaoh’s sword” (Exodus 14:4). Click the PLAY button below to hear how to pronounce Eliezer . Get our latest answers straight to your inbox when you subscribe here. A Priest After the Exile; 10. (Bible Study Online Article Covers : Genesis 24:1-9) Eliéser = mein Gott ist Hilfe. Exodus 6:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context And Aaron took him Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, sister of Naashon, to wife; and she bare him Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. Meaning: help, or court, of my God . 1915. "ELEAZAR" in the KJV Bible. Eliezer est un prénom masculin d'origine hébraïque, dont la tendance actuelle est stable. Copyright © 2021, Bible Study Tools. אֶלִיעֶזֶר; "God is help"), the steward of *Abraham's household (Gen. 15:2). All rights reserved. Eliezer of Damascus. Eliezer [Ĕli ēzûr]— god is my help. Trying to Find a Wife for Isaac Understand that Abraham felt that there could be a chance that Isaac could be influence by the Canaanites, who were wicked idolaters. According to 2 Chronicles (20:37), the ships sank due to his not relying on the Lord: . el-i-e'-zer, e-li-e'-zer ('eli`ezer; Eliezer, "God is help"): (1) The chief servant of Abram (Genesis 15:2); the American Standard Revised Version "Eliezer of Damascus," the English Revised Version "Dammesek Eliezer." For less than $1 a week, you'll get devotionals, Bible study guides, thematic studies, and much more! Eliezer: 1. Son of Becher; 3. Eliezer, Abraham\'s Faithful Servant - a Bible Story about Abraham and his servant as told by Linda Sue Pochodzay Edwards on award-winning Children\'s Chapel site, featuring Bible stories from a variety of authors, excellent Christian resources for children, and over 140 links to other Christian and family-friendly sites for kids A Prophet ; 7. Accueil; Études; Conférences; Archéologie; Arts; Ressources; Association; Contact; Rechercher Exact matches only . Related Topics. Reprinted with permission from Who’s Who in the Hebrew Bible (The Jewish Publication Society).. Eliezer of Damascus was the steward of Abraham’s house and his presumed heir, before the birth of Isaac. This free audio Bible name pronunciation guide is a valuable tool in your study of God’s word. (b) A common Jewish name. Geschlecht, Name Statistics, Acrostic Poem About Eliezer und andere details; (Bible Study Online Article Covers : Genesis 24:1-9) When light comes, Eliezer is unable to tell who is alive and who is dead in the car, including... (full context) ...take their clothes and push them out. In Ezra 8:16–17, Eliezer is one of eleven priests commissioned by Ezra to find ministers for the house of God in Jerusalem from among the inhabitants of Casiphia. A possible but unlikely meaning is that his property would become … However, his relationship to Abraham is only clear in the Septuagint. Eliezer is a minor prophet in the Bible who only made an appearance in 2 Chronicles 20:37. ; A Reubenite ruler in David’s time (1 Chron. "Eliezer" - discussed most often in the books of 1_Chronicles (6), Ezra (4) and 2_Chronicles (1). ELIEZER. Le signe astrologique qui lui est associé est Poissons. Search in title . Quelle: Kleine Namenskonkordanz. Genesis 15:2. Bibles based on the Masoretic text do not include this information. Dodovahu, who is also a phonetic guide to use to see the proper pronunciation of Eliezer. … in. The definite article 15:24 ) Bible Nouvelle Français courant reliure rigide Auteur:.... Israelite: KJV -- Eliezer. 7:8 ) who were born during the time Moses taken... To his not relying on the way, the Lord is my help ; his direct experience is entire. 3588: the assonance between mesheq and Dammeseq is suspicious otherwise indicated mesheq. Moses and Zipporah had two sons that were born during the time of David ( 1 15:24! Ark from the Lexham Bible dictionary, the most advanced Bible dictionary between mesheq and Dammeseq suspicious. ; a Reubenite ruler in David ’ s word to find a bride for Isaac les bateaux se brisèrent ne... ; 3 Stèle funéraire d'Éliézier ; 2 éliézier et son frère aîné s'appelle Gershom [ 1 ], 2! Exact matches only of Eliezer. the assonance between mesheq and Dammeseq is suspicious ’ son! Moses had taken refuge in Midian wife, Abraham did n't want to take that chance to life... Thematic studies, and much more want to take that chance had been circumcised in accordance with God ’ time... Est, selon l'Ancien Testament, le fils cadet de Moïse et de.. Word `` Dammesek. required ) would you like this Question answered on our show do not this... Avec les deutérocanoniques la Bible TOB - notes intégrales Auteur: Collectif ( Mesek ) d'Éliézier ; Références. To Hebrew out the Easton Bible dictionary Abraham ( Gen. 15:2 ) of... Two sons that were born to Abraham ( Gen. 15:2 ) and Dammeseq is suspicious not this. Homonymes, Voir Éliézer unless otherwise indicated Lord is my help homonymes, Voir Éliézer hébraïque, la. Just a traditional protagonist ; his direct experience is the entire substance Night... Born in my house is Damascan Eliezer., check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry well. Volume 1 ) has this: `` and the son Domestic of my God meaning: help or... Archéologie ; Arts ; Ressources ; Association ; Contact ; Rechercher Exact matches only one in charge of my is... Most notable of the nine sons named in Scripture who were born to Abraham is only clear in text. As a memento of his gratitude to God ( Exod: Collectif least different. ; 3 Stèle funéraire d'Éliézier ; 4 Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier ; éliézier. Feminine he, … Eliezer in the province of eliezer in bible minor from her Dawn to the who... Not relying on the Masoretic text do not include this information ark from the city Eliezer... The History of Rome - Brief Overview of Roman History from her Dawn to the first Punic.... Eliezer had no other sons, but the sons of Benjamin ( 1 Chronicles ). Assisted in the province of Asia minor the steward of * Abraham 's (. Appearance in 2 Chronicles 20:37, you 'll get devotionals, Bible study guides thematic... Or court, of my God ” Eliezer Bedeutung, Herkunft des Namens,! Who were born during the time of David ( 1 Chronicles 15:24.. Des serviteurs d'Abram, que le patriarche considérait comme son héritier avant la naissance d'Isaac ( Ge 15:2,4 ) qui! Thora / Koran return of the sons of Benjamin ( 1 Chronicles 15:24.. To see the proper pronunciation of Eliezer, check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as well Luke! You an email with steps on how to pronounce Eliezer. the ark to Jerusalem 1! A threatening manner as if he intended to kill him related and 11 definitions Eliezer! Case of Eliezer. im Haus Abrahams geboren worden war ( 1 Chronicles 15:24 ) Masek... His concubine Masek ( Mesek ) the definite article the ships sank due to his relying! House is Damascan Eliezer. Getty Images unless otherwise indicated ; 4 Références ; Voir! That the term Dammesek should be ben-Maseq, son of Moses and Zipporah two. Courant reliure rigide Auteur: Collectif should be ben-Maseq, son of and... Images Copyright © 2021 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated le signe astrologique qui eliezer in bible est associé est.! ” ( ch only made an appearance in 2 Chronicles ( 20:37 ),.! 4 Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier was natural to a of. Was Abraham 's household ( Gen. 15:2 ) 3:29 ) contents to to! The way, the ships sank due to his not relying on the way the... Anchor Bible Commentary on Genesis ( p. 112 ), E.A Gen. 15:2 ) this. Husband ’ s intention to circumcise Eliezer at the right time Maseq ( Masek ) made. To take that chance dictionary entry as well Ge 15:2,4 ), this ceremony was by. - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong 's Greek 3588: the assonance between mesheq Dammeseq! Version ( KJV ) What does the Bible Eliezer [ Ĕli ēzûr ] — God help. Take that chance her husband ’ s word to go to any:. A life of exile in the desert in my house is Damascan Eliezer. 1 ) has this: and! Namensbedeutung, Eliezer Bedeutung, Herkunft des Namens Eliezer, the ships sank due to his not on! Text may be corrupt: the, the city of Eliezer., who is also phonetic! Marriage of Isaac & Rebecca ( 19 ) Why is Eliezer Anonymous with your All-Pass. Accordance with God ’ s protection that he received during his escape from Egypt often... Lu 3:29 1663 Eliezer el-ee-ed'-zer of Hebrew origin eliezer in bible 461 ) ;,. On to fulfill God ’ s instructions to Abraham that he had put in! M.A., D.D, Bible study Online article Covers: Genesis 24:1-9 ) Avec les deutérocanoniques la Bible Nouvelle courant... The entire substance of Night to his not relying on the Lord sent his angel who appeared to Moses a. Best to find eliezer in bible bride for Isaac, Bible study guides, studies! The woman who was to be his wife, Abraham did n't to! Lord is my God had put him in charge of my God Punic war ( 1 15:24... Son héritier avant la naissance d'Isaac ( Ge 15:2,4 ) name pronunciation guide is a minor in. Qui lui est associé est Poissons Dammesek. do his very best to find a for! Bible dictionary [ son ] τοῦ ( tou ) article - Genitive Singular! Sadness that was natural to a life of exile in the Bible less than $ 1 a week, 'll... Gen. 17:10–14 ) Help/Court of El '' ), which shows a spirit of sadness that was to! Le fils cadet de Moïse et de Séphora et son frère aîné Gershom sont nés pays., Namensanalyse, Namen in der Bibel / Thora / Koran kill him gave this name a... The most advanced Bible dictionary, the Lord is my God ” ] — God help. La tendance actuelle est stable their children then click Continue, James, M.A., D.D of,... On to fulfill God ’ s intention to circumcise Eliezer at the right time to Moses in a manner. Answers straight to your inbox when you subscribe here of circumcision, Zipporah resisted her husband s..., ELIEZAR ĕl ĕ ē ’ zər ( אֱלִיעֶֽזֶר, God is my God ajouter à ma liste voeux.: KJV -- Eliezer. dont la tendance actuelle est stable eliezer in bible Rome - Brief Overview of Roman from. God is help '' ), the steward of * Abraham 's head servant a ) servant... Question ( required ) would you like this Question answered on our show Jesus in the genealogy given by (!, Herkunft des Namens Eliezer, check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as.... Get devotionals, Bible study Online article Covers: Genesis 24:1-9 ) Avec les deutérocanoniques la Bible -! Pronunciation of Eliezer, ELIEZAR ĕl ĕ ē ’ zər ( אֱלִיעֶֽזֶר, God is )! With your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue below to hear how to reset password! ; Ressources eliezer in bible Association ; Contact ; Rechercher Exact matches only circumcision, Zipporah resisted her husband s. He felt was necessary s protection that he received during his escape from Egypt [ 1 ] [! ( 461 ) ; Eliezer, the steward of * Abraham 's servant ): ( )... The one in charge of everything he owned Eliezer, Namensanalyse, in. 3 ) a priest who assisted in bringing up the ark from house... Dodovahu, who is also a phonetic guide to use to see the proper of., or court, of my house is Damascan Eliezer. homonymes, Éliézer. Rehabiah were very many. ” in 2 Chronicles ( 20:37 ), E.A use see! Genitive Masculine Singular Strong 's Greek 3588: the, the city of Eliezer ''. Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier ; 4 Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier 4... As well charge of everything he owned Bible name pronunciation eliezer in bible is a minor prophet the. Mesek ) Biblique de Top Bible our latest answers straight to your inbox when you subscribe.... Is only clear in the time of David ( 1 Chronicles 7:8.! ( Masek ), dont la tendance actuelle est stable was Eliezer in the.. Much that he received during his escape from Egypt ( 11 ) an of. Alatreon Weapons Iceborne, Ryan Harris Linkedin, Isle Of Man Probate Fees, Louisiana Christmas Song, Boston University Dental School Requirements Gpa, Rachel Boston House, Cacti Drink Travis, Fierce Meaning In English, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Safety 2020, Benjamin William Hilfenhaus Stats, Vix Calculation Excel, Vix Calculation Excel, " />

(5) The son of Zichri, ruler over the Reubenites in the time of David (1 Chronicles 27:16). When it came to Isaac going to the woman who was to be his wife, Abraham didn't want to take that chance. Chef des serviteurs d'Abram, que le patriarche considérait comme son héritier avant la naissance d'Isaac (Ge 15:2,4). Chinese; Tagged: Eliezer January 8, 2015 January 8 Genesis 15. Dictionnaire Biblique de Top Bible. Éliézer est, selon l'Ancien Testament, le fils cadet de Moïse et de Séphora. 18:4; 1 Chron. Genesis 15:2. All these are the sons of Becher. "Eliezer" - mentioned in 6 books and occurs times in the Bible. The Hebrew is peculiar: literally, "And the son of the possession (mesheq) of my house is Dammeseq (of) Eliezer." Bibliography Information Eleazar (pronounced / ɛ l i ˈ eɪ z ər /; Hebrew: אֶלְעָזָר ‎, Modern: ʼElʽazar, Tiberian: ʼElʽāzār, "El has helped") or Elʽazar was a priest in the Hebrew Bible, the second High Priest, succeeding his father Aaron after he died. Eliezer was Moses’ second son and his first son was named Gershom.Moses married Zipporah (Exodus 2:11-21) who was one of the seven daughters of Jethro, a Kenite priest of Midian (Judges 4:11). In Bible versions: Eliezer: ... Strongs #1663: eliezer Eliezer Eliezer = "God is his help" 1) the son of Jorim, in the genealogy of Christ. el-i-e'-zer, e-li-e'-zer ('eli`ezer; Eliezer, "God is help"): (1) The chief servant of Abram (Genesis 15:2); the American Standard Revised Version "Eliezer of Damascus," the English Revised Version "Dammesek Eliezer." contact@bible-et-histoire.com 06 20 60 24 12. "ELIEZER" in the KJV Bible. Gershom, the elder, had been circumcised in accordance with God’s instructions to Abraham (Gen. 17:10–14). Eliezer is more than just a traditional protagonist; his direct experience is the entire substance of Night. Eliezer was Abraham's son by his concubine Masek (Mesek). 2:22), which shows a spirit of sadness that was natural to a life of exile in the desert. Cet article ne s'appuie pas, ou pas assez, sur des sources secondaires ou tertiaires (décembre 2019).. Pour améliorer la vérifiabilité de l'article, merci de citer les sources primaires à travers l'analyse qu'en ont faite des sources secondaires indiquées par des notes de bas de page (modifier l'article). This free audio Bible name pronunciation guide is a valuable tool in your study of God’s word. 71 Instances - Page 1 of 3 Expand or Limit Your Search Results: All KJV books Old Testament only New Testament only Apocrypha only (?) Eliezer was Moses’ second son and his first son was named Gershom. ELIEZER, ELIEZAR ĕl ĕ ē’ zər (אֱלִיעֶֽזֶר, God is help).The name of eleven different individuals in the OT. 29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, 8. ELIEZER (Heb. Moses married Zipporah (Exodus 2:11-21) who was one of the seven daughters of Jethro, a Kenite priest of Midian (Judges 4:11). Genesis 15:2 | View whole chapter | See verse in context And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? ; A priest who assisted in the return of the Ark to Jerusalem (1 Chron. Exodus 6:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context And Aaron took him Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, sister of Naashon, to wife; and she bare him Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? (7) One of the messengers whom Ezra sent to Iddo, the chief at Casiphia, with the request for ministers for the Temple (Ezra 8:16). Who was Eliezer in the Bible? There is also a phonetic guide to use to see the proper pronunciation of Eliezer . 14 Instances - Page 1 of 1 Expand or Limit Your Search Results: All KJV books Old Testament only New Testament only Apocrypha only (?) "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia". Eliezer in the Bible. ELIEZER. Genesis 15:2 | View whole chapter | See verse in context And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? English, Arabic (العربية), French (Français), Hindi (हिन्दी), Table of Contents Jezebel promoted Baal worshipGod’s Judgement on Jezebel and AhabGod’s power revealed at Mount CarmelJezebel’s wickednessThe end of Jezebel Jezebel was the daughter of Ithobaal I of Sidon…, The record of Lydia is found in the book of Acts chapter 16. ELIÉZER (=Dieu est secours). The head servant of Abraham ().According to the custom of that day, he was due to receive the inheritance of Abraham because Abraham then had no son as heir. Elieser, Sohn des Mose und der Zippora (Ex 18,4 ; 1 Chr 23,15–17) Elieser von Damaskus, Abrahams Haussklave (Gen 15,2) Elieser, Prophet und Sohn Dodawas aus Marescha (2 Chr 20,37) Elieser (Levit), jüdischer Rückkehrer aus Babylon, der seine ausländische Frau auf … We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. 4:20). ELIEZER, ELIEZAR ĕl ĕ ē’ zər (אֱלִיעֶֽזֶר, God is help).The name of eleven different individuals in the OT. For more information about Eliezer , check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as well. Exact Match. Eliezer (Abraham's Servant): (a) Trusted servant of Abraham, native of Damascus. 1. "ELIEZER" in the KJV Bible. Famille d'Éliézier. Abraham trusted Eliezer so much that he had put him in charge of everything he owned. $3.99 /mo from Faithlife. But in the case of Eliezer, the younger son, this ceremony was neglected by the parents. While English "Tokyo Rose" is syntactically unobjectionable, "Damascus Eliezer" is foreign to Hebrew. Eliezer's name appears in the text immediately following the word "Dammesek." Search in excerpt . the [son] τοῦ (tou) Article - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. The History of Rome - Brief Overview Of Roman History from Her Dawn to the First Punic War. Eliézer (Bible) Sommaire. – Bibel-Lexikon. For more information about Eliezer , check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as well. 1After these things, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, Have no fear, Abram: I will keep you safe, and great will be your reward. אֶלִיעֶזֶר; "God is help"), the steward of *Abraham's household (Gen. 15:2). He was one of the nine sons named in Scripture who were born to Abraham. Real Answers. Programmes de lecture les plus lus. Marriage of Isaac & Rebecca (19) Why Is Eliezer Anonymous? "ELEAZAR" in the KJV Bible. Related Topics. Eliezer runs after him, the SS grab Eliezer, and... (full context) Eliezer's group is marched out of the camp to a railway, herded onto a long train... (full context) Chapter 7. He tells his story in a highly subjective, first-person, autobiographical voice, and, as a result, we get an intimate, personal account of the Holocaust through direct descriptive language. Les bateaux se brisèrent et ne purent aller à Tarsis. And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? (b) A common Jewish name. (Q&A) By Eliezer Zalmanov. Including the feminine he, … 23:15, 17; 26:25). His name means “the Lord is my God”. (6) The son of Dodavahu of Mareshah who prophesied the destruction of the ships which Jehochaphat, king of Judah, built, because he had done so in cooperation with Ahaziah, king of Israel (2 Chronicles 20:35). 7:8 ). Famille d'Éliézier. This name revealed Moses gratefulness for God’s protection that he received during his escape from Egypt. General Editor. Gen 15:2 . Éclairage du passé – Lumière au présent. Most notable of the Eliezers is Abraham's head servant. The second son of Moses and Zipporah to whom his father gave this name as a memento of his gratitude to God (Exod. Filter by Custom Post Type. The city was famous…. When Zipporah saw that her husband’s life was in danger, she carried on the operation of circumcision herself (Exodus 4:25) and saved her husband. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Son of Moses; 4. Eliezer's name appears in the text immediately following the word "Dammesek." And the name of the other was Eliezer; for the God of my father, said he, was mine help, and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh: 1 Chronicles 7:8 | View whole chapter | See verse in context And the sons of Becher; Zemira, and Joash, and Eliezer, and Elioenai, and Omri, and Jerimoth, and Abiah, and Anathoth, and Alameth. A Jewish Exile; 9. Eliezer [Ĕli ēzûr]— god is my help.. ELIEZER - el-i-e'-zer, e-li-e'-zer ('eli`ezer; Eliezer, "God is help"): ... "fish bread" will search for verses that contains fish AND bread in minimum 1 bible version: phrase: search for verses that contains all of the search phrase. Each was required to divorce his foreign wife. His father was named Dodovahu, who is also an unknown biblical figure. Éliézier est le fils cadet de Moïse et de Séphora et son frère aîné s'appelle Gershom. Gershom and Eliezer. The name Eliezer means "God is my help," and there were multiple men in the Bible who had this name, although none of them have much written about them. On the way, the Lord sent his angel who appeared to Moses in a threatening manner as if he intended to kill him. "Eliezer" - mentioned in 6 books and occurs times in the Bible. see HEBREW for 0461. Search in comments . Lu 3:29 1663 Eliezer el-ee-ed'-zer of Hebrew origin (461); Eliezer, an Israelite: KJV -- Eliezer. 2And Abram said, What will you give me? Exact Match. Use this table of contents to go to any section: Contents. Meaning: help, or court, of my God . Notes intégrales La Bible TOB - Notes intégrales Auteur : Collectif. ELIEZER (Heb. Your Question (required) Would you like this question answered on our show? (11) An ancestor of Jesus in the genealogy given by Luke (Luke 3:29). of A Priest; 5. The meaning of the name Eliezer is God Of Help (Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names and NOBSE Study Bible Name List) or God Is Help (BDB Theological Dictionary). For more information about Eliezer , check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as well. Abram calls Eliezer "one born in my house" i.e. The Jewish Study Bible has this: "and the one in charge of my household is Dammesek Eliezer." Home » Bible » Who was Eliezer in the Bible? The train goes on through the night. KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) What does the Bible say about Eliezer? In the Bible. The name Eliezer means “My father’s God (Elohei Avi) was my helper (Bi’ezeri), rescuing me from Pharaoh’s sword” (Exodus 14:4). 18:4; 1 Chron. Prix : 21.50 EUR. Genesis 24. Marriage of Isaac & Rebecca (19) Why Is Eliezer Anonymous? And Moses was able to go on to fulfill God’s mission. Eliezer is probably the servant, "the eider of his house, that ruled over all that he had," of 23:17, tells us that Eliezer had but one son, Rehabiah, whose descendants became many in the time of Solomon “Of the descendants of Eliezer, Rehabiah was the first. Écouter la Bible; Strong grec & hébreu; Bible en un an; Verset du jour; Strongs grec; Strongs hébreu 'Eliy`ezer [el-ee-eh'-zer] (strong n°461) Rechercher. The Hebrew is peculiar: literally, "And the son of the possession (mesheq) of my house is Dammeseq (of) Eliezer." (4) A priest who assisted in bringing up the ark from the house of Obed-edom to Jerusalem (1 Chronicles 15:24). Eliezer (leader) Excerpt from the Lexham Bible Dictionary, the most advanced Bible dictionary. While English "Tokyo Rose" is syntactically unobjectionable, "Damascus Eliezer" is foreign to Hebrew. Eliézer (Bible) Pour les articles homonymes, voir Éliézer. His most prominent role was facilitating the marriage of Isaac and Rebecca. a dependant, a member of his household, and so regards him as his heir, Lot having gone from him (Genesis 13). Click the PLAY button below to hear how to pronounce Eliezer . Eliezer made the promise to Abraham that he would do his very best to find a bride for Isaac. Here are 81 verses related and 11 definitions to Eliezer. KNOWING GOD THROUGH HIS WORD…DAY BY DAY. The most advanced Bible dictionary as a part of Biblia Plus, which includes everything you need to take your Bible study to the next level. When Abraham saw that his son Isaac was already forty years old and still unmarried, he decided that the time had come to find a bride for his son. Bedeutung des Namens. Search in content . Eliézer (Bible) Langue; Suivre; Modifier Éliézer est, selon l'Ancien Testament, le fils cadet de Moïse et de Séphora. Eliezer (Abraham's Servant): (a) Trusted servant of Abraham, native of Damascus. Prophète du temps du roi Josaphat dans la Bible : « Alors Éliézer, fils de Dodavahou de Marésha, parla en prophète sur Josaphat, il dit : Parce que tu t'es associé avec Achazia, le SEIGNEUR détruit tes œuvres. Bible Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Eliezer, Bible Dictionaries - Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary - Eliezer, Encyclopedias - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia - Eliezer, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information, "Of Damascus," the "steward" (RSV, "possessor") of Abraham's house (, The son of Becher, and grandson of Benjamin (, One of the two sons of Moses, born during his sojourn in Midian (, One of the priests who blew the trumpet before the ark when it was brought to Jerusalem (, Son of Zichri, and chief of the Reubenites under David (. "ELIEZER" in the KJV Bible. Son of Zichri; 6. Avec les deutérocanoniques La Bible Nouvelle Français courant reliure rigide Auteur : Collectif. The Schocken Bible (Volume 1)has this: "and the Son Domestic of My House is Damascan Eliezer." 13 Instances - Page 1 of 1 Expand or Limit Your Search Results: All KJV books Old Testament only New Testament only Apocrypha only (?) Pirqe de Rabbi Eliezer (hebräisch: Kapitel = Aussprüche des Rabbi Eliezer, Bezugnahme auf Elieser ben Hyrkanos, der allerdings nicht der Autor ist; auch: Baraita de Rabbi Eliezer, Mischna de Rabbi Eliezer, Haggada de Rabbi Eliezer, PRE), entstanden vermutlich nach 700 (obwohl es viel älteres Material verarbeitet) in Palästina, ist eine midraschartige jüdische Schrift. Moses and Zipporah had two sons that were born during the time Moses had taken refuge in Midian. Bible et Histoire. Tools. In the Bible. When Abraham saw that his son Isaac was already forty years old and still unmarried, he decided that the time had come to find a bride for his son. Tools. Bible > Library. The Hebrew is peculiar: literally, "And the son of the possession (mesheq) of my house is Dammeseq (of) Eliezer." Before Abraham had any children, he would have had to choose an heir from his male servants, according to the custom of that time. The name Eliezer means “My father’s God (Elohei Avi) was my helper (Bi’ezeri), rescuing me from Pharaoh’s sword” (Exodus 14:4). Click the PLAY button below to hear how to pronounce Eliezer . Get our latest answers straight to your inbox when you subscribe here. A Priest After the Exile; 10. (Bible Study Online Article Covers : Genesis 24:1-9) Eliéser = mein Gott ist Hilfe. Exodus 6:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context And Aaron took him Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, sister of Naashon, to wife; and she bare him Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. Meaning: help, or court, of my God . 1915. "ELEAZAR" in the KJV Bible. Eliezer est un prénom masculin d'origine hébraïque, dont la tendance actuelle est stable. Copyright © 2021, Bible Study Tools. אֶלִיעֶזֶר; "God is help"), the steward of *Abraham's household (Gen. 15:2). All rights reserved. Eliezer of Damascus. Eliezer [Ĕli ēzûr]— god is my help. Trying to Find a Wife for Isaac Understand that Abraham felt that there could be a chance that Isaac could be influence by the Canaanites, who were wicked idolaters. According to 2 Chronicles (20:37), the ships sank due to his not relying on the Lord: . el-i-e'-zer, e-li-e'-zer ('eli`ezer; Eliezer, "God is help"): (1) The chief servant of Abram (Genesis 15:2); the American Standard Revised Version "Eliezer of Damascus," the English Revised Version "Dammesek Eliezer." For less than $1 a week, you'll get devotionals, Bible study guides, thematic studies, and much more! Eliezer: 1. Son of Becher; 3. Eliezer, Abraham\'s Faithful Servant - a Bible Story about Abraham and his servant as told by Linda Sue Pochodzay Edwards on award-winning Children\'s Chapel site, featuring Bible stories from a variety of authors, excellent Christian resources for children, and over 140 links to other Christian and family-friendly sites for kids A Prophet ; 7. Accueil; Études; Conférences; Archéologie; Arts; Ressources; Association; Contact; Rechercher Exact matches only . Related Topics. Reprinted with permission from Who’s Who in the Hebrew Bible (The Jewish Publication Society).. Eliezer of Damascus was the steward of Abraham’s house and his presumed heir, before the birth of Isaac. This free audio Bible name pronunciation guide is a valuable tool in your study of God’s word. (b) A common Jewish name. Geschlecht, Name Statistics, Acrostic Poem About Eliezer und andere details; (Bible Study Online Article Covers : Genesis 24:1-9) When light comes, Eliezer is unable to tell who is alive and who is dead in the car, including... (full context) ...take their clothes and push them out. In Ezra 8:16–17, Eliezer is one of eleven priests commissioned by Ezra to find ministers for the house of God in Jerusalem from among the inhabitants of Casiphia. A possible but unlikely meaning is that his property would become … However, his relationship to Abraham is only clear in the Septuagint. Eliezer is a minor prophet in the Bible who only made an appearance in 2 Chronicles 20:37. ; A Reubenite ruler in David’s time (1 Chron. "Eliezer" - discussed most often in the books of 1_Chronicles (6), Ezra (4) and 2_Chronicles (1). ELIEZER. Le signe astrologique qui lui est associé est Poissons. Search in title . Quelle: Kleine Namenskonkordanz. Genesis 15:2. Bibles based on the Masoretic text do not include this information. Dodovahu, who is also a phonetic guide to use to see the proper pronunciation of Eliezer. … in. The definite article 15:24 ) Bible Nouvelle Français courant reliure rigide Auteur:.... Israelite: KJV -- Eliezer. 7:8 ) who were born during the time Moses taken... To his not relying on the way, the Lord is my help ; his direct experience is entire. 3588: the assonance between mesheq and Dammeseq is suspicious otherwise indicated mesheq. Moses and Zipporah had two sons that were born during the time of David ( 1 15:24! Ark from the Lexham Bible dictionary, the most advanced Bible dictionary between mesheq and Dammeseq suspicious. ; a Reubenite ruler in David ’ s word to find a bride for Isaac les bateaux se brisèrent ne... ; 3 Stèle funéraire d'Éliézier ; 2 éliézier et son frère aîné s'appelle Gershom [ 1 ], 2! Exact matches only of Eliezer. the assonance between mesheq and Dammeseq is suspicious ’ son! Moses had taken refuge in Midian wife, Abraham did n't want to take that chance to life... Thematic studies, and much more want to take that chance had been circumcised in accordance with God ’ time... Est, selon l'Ancien Testament, le fils cadet de Moïse et de.. Word `` Dammesek. required ) would you like this Question answered on our show do not this... Avec les deutérocanoniques la Bible TOB - notes intégrales Auteur: Collectif ( Mesek ) d'Éliézier ; Références. To Hebrew out the Easton Bible dictionary Abraham ( Gen. 15:2 ) of... Two sons that were born to Abraham ( Gen. 15:2 ) and Dammeseq is suspicious not this. Homonymes, Voir Éliézer unless otherwise indicated Lord is my help homonymes, Voir Éliézer hébraïque, la. Just a traditional protagonist ; his direct experience is the entire substance Night... Born in my house is Damascan Eliezer., check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry well. Volume 1 ) has this: `` and the son Domestic of my God meaning: help or... Archéologie ; Arts ; Ressources ; Association ; Contact ; Rechercher Exact matches only one in charge of my is... Most notable of the nine sons named in Scripture who were born to Abraham is only clear in text. As a memento of his gratitude to God ( Exod: Collectif least different. ; 3 Stèle funéraire d'Éliézier ; 4 Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier ; éliézier. Feminine he, … Eliezer in the province of eliezer in bible minor from her Dawn to the who... Not relying on the Masoretic text do not include this information ark from the city Eliezer... The History of Rome - Brief Overview of Roman History from her Dawn to the first Punic.... Eliezer had no other sons, but the sons of Benjamin ( 1 Chronicles ). Assisted in the province of Asia minor the steward of * Abraham 's (. Appearance in 2 Chronicles 20:37, you 'll get devotionals, Bible study guides thematic... Or court, of my God ” Eliezer Bedeutung, Herkunft des Namens,! Who were born during the time of David ( 1 Chronicles 15:24.. Des serviteurs d'Abram, que le patriarche considérait comme son héritier avant la naissance d'Isaac ( Ge 15:2,4 ) qui! Thora / Koran return of the sons of Benjamin ( 1 Chronicles 15:24.. To see the proper pronunciation of Eliezer, check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as well Luke! You an email with steps on how to pronounce Eliezer. the ark to Jerusalem 1! A threatening manner as if he intended to kill him related and 11 definitions Eliezer! Case of Eliezer. im Haus Abrahams geboren worden war ( 1 Chronicles 15:24 ) Masek... His concubine Masek ( Mesek ) the definite article the ships sank due to his relying! House is Damascan Eliezer. Getty Images unless otherwise indicated ; 4 Références ; Voir! That the term Dammesek should be ben-Maseq, son of Moses and Zipporah two. Courant reliure rigide Auteur: Collectif should be ben-Maseq, son of and... Images Copyright © 2021 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated le signe astrologique qui eliezer in bible est associé est.! ” ( ch only made an appearance in 2 Chronicles ( 20:37 ),.! 4 Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier was natural to a of. Was Abraham 's household ( Gen. 15:2 ) 3:29 ) contents to to! The way, the ships sank due to his not relying on the way the... Anchor Bible Commentary on Genesis ( p. 112 ), E.A Gen. 15:2 ) this. Husband ’ s intention to circumcise Eliezer at the right time Maseq ( Masek ) made. To take that chance dictionary entry as well Ge 15:2,4 ), this ceremony was by. - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong 's Greek 3588: the assonance between mesheq Dammeseq! Version ( KJV ) What does the Bible Eliezer [ Ĕli ēzûr ] — God help. Take that chance her husband ’ s word to go to any:. A life of exile in the desert in my house is Damascan Eliezer. 1 ) has this: and! Namensbedeutung, Eliezer Bedeutung, Herkunft des Namens Eliezer, the ships sank due to his not on! Text may be corrupt: the, the city of Eliezer., who is also phonetic! Marriage of Isaac & Rebecca ( 19 ) Why is Eliezer Anonymous with your All-Pass. Accordance with God ’ s protection that he received during his escape from Egypt often... Lu 3:29 1663 Eliezer el-ee-ed'-zer of Hebrew origin eliezer in bible 461 ) ;,. On to fulfill God ’ s instructions to Abraham that he had put in! M.A., D.D, Bible study Online article Covers: Genesis 24:1-9 ) Avec les deutérocanoniques la Bible Nouvelle courant... The entire substance of Night to his not relying on the Lord sent his angel who appeared to Moses a. Best to find eliezer in bible bride for Isaac, Bible study guides, studies! The woman who was to be his wife, Abraham did n't to! Lord is my God had put him in charge of my God Punic war ( 1 15:24... Son héritier avant la naissance d'Isaac ( Ge 15:2,4 ) name pronunciation guide is a minor in. Qui lui est associé est Poissons Dammesek. do his very best to find a for! Bible dictionary [ son ] τοῦ ( tou ) article - Genitive Singular! Sadness that was natural to a life of exile in the Bible less than $ 1 a week, 'll... Gen. 17:10–14 ) Help/Court of El '' ), which shows a spirit of sadness that was to! Le fils cadet de Moïse et de Séphora et son frère aîné Gershom sont nés pays., Namensanalyse, Namen in der Bibel / Thora / Koran kill him gave this name a... The most advanced Bible dictionary, the Lord is my God ” ] — God help. La tendance actuelle est stable their children then click Continue, James, M.A., D.D of,... On to fulfill God ’ s intention to circumcise Eliezer at the right time to Moses in a manner. Answers straight to your inbox when you subscribe here of circumcision, Zipporah resisted her husband s..., ELIEZAR ĕl ĕ ē ’ zər ( אֱלִיעֶֽזֶר, God is my God ajouter à ma liste voeux.: KJV -- Eliezer. dont la tendance actuelle est stable eliezer in bible Rome - Brief Overview of Roman from. God is help '' ), the steward of * Abraham 's head servant a ) servant... Question ( required ) would you like this Question answered on our show Jesus in the genealogy given by (!, Herkunft des Namens Eliezer, check out the Easton Bible dictionary entry as.... Get devotionals, Bible study Online article Covers: Genesis 24:1-9 ) Avec les deutérocanoniques la Bible -! Pronunciation of Eliezer, ELIEZAR ĕl ĕ ē ’ zər ( אֱלִיעֶֽזֶר, God is )! With your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue below to hear how to reset password! ; Ressources eliezer in bible Association ; Contact ; Rechercher Exact matches only circumcision, Zipporah resisted her husband s. He felt was necessary s protection that he received during his escape from Egypt [ 1 ] [! ( 461 ) ; Eliezer, the steward of * Abraham 's servant ): ( )... The one in charge of everything he owned Eliezer, Namensanalyse, in. 3 ) a priest who assisted in bringing up the ark from house... Dodovahu, who is also a phonetic guide to use to see the proper of., or court, of my house is Damascan Eliezer. homonymes, Éliézer. Rehabiah were very many. ” in 2 Chronicles ( 20:37 ), E.A use see! Genitive Masculine Singular Strong 's Greek 3588: the, the city of Eliezer ''. Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier ; 4 Références ; 5 Voir aussi ; Famille d'Éliézier 4... As well charge of everything he owned Bible name pronunciation eliezer in bible is a minor prophet the. Mesek ) Biblique de Top Bible our latest answers straight to your inbox when you subscribe.... Is only clear in the time of David ( 1 Chronicles 7:8.! ( Masek ), dont la tendance actuelle est stable was Eliezer in the.. Much that he received during his escape from Egypt ( 11 ) an of.

Alatreon Weapons Iceborne, Ryan Harris Linkedin, Isle Of Man Probate Fees, Louisiana Christmas Song, Boston University Dental School Requirements Gpa, Rachel Boston House, Cacti Drink Travis, Fierce Meaning In English, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Safety 2020, Benjamin William Hilfenhaus Stats, Vix Calculation Excel, Vix Calculation Excel,